Think back to when you were a kid. Now try to remember just how OLD you thought some people were...even your parents, who were probably barely even thirty by the time you were old enough to have the "I'm cooler than everyone" attitude. Even at a young age, you realized that past a certain point old=uncool/unfun. (minus the high school and college years of course, which were forever the cool years in your six year old mind).
Right then and there, you tell yourself that you won't let that happen to you. You will forever be fun, and forever be cool. Even when you're old, you'll be the fun one.
Then that dreaded day comes. The day when you're only 23 years old, sitting on the couch in sweat pants, socks, and an old t-shirt, eating honey nut cheerios out of a styrofoam bowl for dinner, complaining about how tired you are and how much your feet hurt...on a Friday night. And that's when it hits you. You're officially lame. And officially BORING.
This is my story. How sad, but it's true. I would love to tell you about all of the amazing adventures that have been going on in my life lately. But well, let's be honest, there's not really much to report. All of my days sort of blend together, because pretty much all of my days are the same.
My typical day includes: (in no particular order) Choosing between cereal or a mini jalapeno kolache from Home Cut Donuts for breakfast. Clinicals. Studying. Facebooking for too long. Homework. Noticing a new boat in a random place that we've somehow missed the first hundred times we drove past it. Working on ridiculous care plans. Talking about what we want for dinner for more than an hour, and inevitably settling on Subway or Fema tuna because that's often the only option. Case Studies. Driving down the seawall. Watching the news or some TLC re-run to avoid studying. Being frustrated with UTMB for new reasons. And talking about what fun things we wish we could be doing.
All in a day's work. Exciting huh? No. Not exciting. Lame, and boring. It's okay, I already know.
And tonight, as I sit here on my bed doing homework, there's a big party going on downstairs. Everyone's all dressed up and enjoying dinner, full bar, and DJ. Who's at this party? Old people. What the heck happened? All I know is they are for sure having more fun than me. And are therefore officially more fun than me.
Apparently 50 is the 20. And I just got a little more lame.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
HAHA!!! This is too funny and sadly so true!! We spent all last weekend studying high school math at home for the stupid GRE test!
Oops! My comment posted too soon. I meant to say how sad is it that we spent our weekend doing that... but then again, our weekends are usually sad in general because we live in Abilene. Also wanted to say that I love your new blog design.
I really really really feel your pain! The most exciting part of my day today...not crossing my sterile field while inserting a indwelling foley cath...COOL!
Post a Comment